Savings / Investment AccountsWe Make It Easy!
Whether you want to save for a certain goal or be ready for unplanned expenses, we have a variety of saving options to meet your needs. Our regular Savings Account is required for membership and makes you eligible for all of the great products, services and programs we offer.
Buddy Bear AccountNewborn to Age 12
Open a Buddy Bear Account when your child is born and start them on the right path for their future. Save with Birthday money and holiday checks from family. Your child will learn how to save for something special.
What is required to open a Buddy Bear Account?
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Must have a legal guardian over the age of 18 as joint on the account
Opening a Share Savings Account establishes your membership at Bay Credit Union. A minimum balance of $25.00 is required at all times. Dividend rates are competitive too!
- Live or work in Bay, Gulf, Jackson, Walton and Washington Counties
- Immediate family member with an established Bay Credit Union account
Christmas Club/Vacation Club
Bay Credit Union also offers you these other types of savings accounts. Be prepared when The Jolly Old Man sneaks up on us, or you just need to get away.
- Minimum Deposit of $25.00
- Set up convenient payroll transfer to the club accounts
Money Market Saving Account
Get started with a $1,000 minimum balance
- Unlimited deposits, limited 3 withdrawals or transfers a month
- No minimum withdrawal amounts
Golden Opportunity Saving Account
The Golden Opportunity Checking and Savings Accounts, exclusive to our members age 55 and over and offer extra benefits (requirement of both savings and checking to receive Golden Opportunity status). Account benefits include:
- Special rates on Deposit accounts
- 25% discount on Safe Deposit Boxes
An Individual Retirement Account (IRA) is a dividend-bearing, tax deferred account that may offer tax advantages when the money is deposited for the purpose of saving toward retirement. With a minimum opening deposit, you will earn high dividends on an IRA Certificate Account or IRA Accumulation Account
- IRA / Certificates of Deposit – Terms 6 Months – 60 months
- IRA Accumulators
Certificates of Deposit
Customize your investment program with these flexible Term Share Certificate options:
- Minimum deposit of $1,000.00
- Interest compounded monthly on 6 month certificates and quarterly on all others.
- Available Certificates:
- 6 Months
- 12 Months
- 18 Months
- 24 Months
- 36 Months
- 48 Months
- 60 Months